Josephine (left), Vincent (right)
|Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda|
|House||House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg|
|Father||Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark|
|Mother||Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark|
|Born||8 January 2011 ( 7 years old)(2011-01-08) Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark|
Birth: The princess was born at Rigshospitalet, the Copenhagen University Hospital, in Copenhagen, at 10:52 am local time, 26 minutes after her twin brother. At birth, she weighed 2.55 kg (5.6 lb) and measured 46 cm (18.1 ins). She was healthy with an apgar score of 10 (out of 10) after 1 minute.Edit
At noon on 8 January, a 21-gun salute was fired from the Sixtus Battery at Holmen Naval Base in Copenhagen and from Kronborg Castle in North Zealand to mark the arrival of a royal child.
Josephine and Vincent were christened on 14 April 2011, at the chapel of the Church of Holmen. The Princess' name was announced as Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda. Her godparents are Princess Marie of Denmark, Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, her maternal aunt, Patricia Bailey, Count Bendt Wedell, Birgitte Handwerk and Crown Princess Mary's Australian friend, Josephine Rechner.
She was named:
- Josephine, a popular Danish name (normally spelled Josefine) meaning "Jehovah increases" shared with her godmother, Josephine Rechner and her ancestress Josephine of Leuchtenberg
- Sophia, from the Greek meaning "wisdom"; commonly spelled Sofie in Danish
- Ivalo, a Greenlandic name meaning "tendon, thread, sinew."
- Mathilda, An old german name, revived in Australia which means "mighty in battle"
Titles, styles, honours and armsEdit
- 8 January 2011 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Josephine of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat
Her official title in Danish is Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Josephine til Danmark, Komtesse af Monpezat